Strategy of the Department of Nursing Science for 2018-2023
The mission of the Department of Nursing Science is to be responsible for the academic development of nursing science as a part of research strategy in the Faculty and University for regional, national and international purposes. The mission is to have an integrated researcher education in the research strategy. Furthermore, the mission is to educate experts in nursing science, education and management for national and international responsibilities.
The Department of Nursing Science is committed to the values by Medical Faculty and University of Tartu. At the Department activities are research-based providing responsible experts for academic and societal development with critical thinking. Beside to the shared target of the department, the aim is to support individual development as academic expert. The research and education atmosphere is based on the academic freedom and openness and the achievement of the academic targets is conducted in cooperation with regional, national and international partners. The academic society is human-centred and consist of all stakeholders including staff members, students and collaborators.
The vision of the Department of Nursing is to be an attractive and established academic society for research and education in nursing science in Estonia. The vision is to connect the key stakeholders at regional, national and international levels to achieve high-level progress in science, education and management in society.
- Promotion of health and wellbeing throughout the lifespan
- Effective and human-centred nursing, care and service
- Developing and establishing nursing research as a part of academic society with key collaborators
- Initiate the PhD-education in collaboration with the Faculty and Baltic Sea Region Network
- Scientific education what will respond for topical needs of academic competences
- Contribution for societal decision making and development